- 1½ quart of low sodium chicken broth
- 50g Extra virgin olive oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g finely minced shallot
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1½ cups of Risotto rice (Carnaroli Arborio or Aquarello)
- 250g dry white wine
- 25g yuzu juice
- 100g freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- 25g heavy cream
- 1 lemon zested with microplane (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5g minced chives (for garnish)
In a small sauce pot, heat the chicken stock to light simmer and reserve.
In a small sautee pan, heat the olive oil with the garlic and shallot over medium heat until soft and translucent.
Add the rice and toast in the olive oil for about 50 seconds and then deglaze with the white wine.
Cook the wine until nearly evaporated and then begin to add chicken stock slowly, about 3 oz of liquid at a time until nearly evaporated, stirring often to ensure the rice does not stick.
Once the rice is fully cooked, but still al dente and all the chicken broth has been added, remove the rice from the heat.
Add in the yuzu juice, parmigiano cheese, lemon zest and chives.
Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Once seasoned and ready, whisk your heavy cream until medium stiff and gently fold in to your finished risotto.