Yuzu Pie 🥧 Think key lime, but better. [Recipe Video]
Your new go-to dessert for every occasion. Enjoy all the praise when you show up with this to your Labor Day BBQ, Thanksgiving feast or casual dinner party. Equal parts easy and delicious. Recipe adapted from Mochi Mommy @kristen.morita
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp salted butter melted
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup 100% YUZU JUICE
- 1/3 cup YUZU SUPER JUICE
- 1 x 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and sides of a 9" pie tin using your hand.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350º F for an extra toasty crust, or leave as is to keep the recipe completely no-bake.
- Whisk together egg yolks, yuzu juice, and condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Cook on stovetop on medium heat until steaming, continuously whisking.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and continue to whisk until mixture is boiling and has custard-like texture and thickness.
- Take off the heat and let cool slightly before pouring into your prepared crust.
- Leave in fridge uncovered to set, at least a few hours but preferably overnight.
- Top with flaky salt and lemon or lime zest.
- When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream and sugar on high until stiff peaks form.
- Serve slices with a whipped cream dollop.